From the manufacturer
BTECH UV-5X3 - Adding 220MHz (1.25M) was just the start!Dual Band VHF (136-174MHz) & UHF (400-480MHz)
While maintaining the same classic design to allow full backward accessory capability, don't let the appearance fool you: The BTECH UV‑5X3 is the only radio in the series with new firmware features and menu updates!
New Firmware, Features, Options, and Menus: Only available on the UV‑5X3.
An exciting, new feature on the UV‑5X3 takes full advantage of the LCD's dual line display. In the past the dual display allowed you to monitortwo different frequencies at once. Unfortunately, for user's that only wanted to monitor a single channel, the secondary line was of no use... until the UV‑5X3!
The UV-5X3 allows users, who want to display the most information at once, to synchronize the display. This allows the LCD to show both the channel's frequency and channel name simultaneously.
Display synchronization allows the user to maximize the available information seen at a glance!
Modify the Scanning List
A brand new menu allows for one of the biggest conveniences while scanning: Modifying the Scanning List!
Before the UV‑5X3, you couldn't manage the channel scan list without a computer. The brand new menu in the UV‑5X3 allows you to easily add and remove channels from the scanning list. Have a nuicanse channel that you want removed from the scan list? You no longer need to go home to a computer to remove it: A simple menu allows you modify your channel scan list without a computer
Channel Mode Modifications
The UV‑5X3 comes out of the rut that all other UV‑5 series radios are stuck in. The UV‑5X3, built with the amateur radio operator in mind, allows channel modifications on-the-fly.
Previously and on other current UV-5 models, you were forced to delete a channel and then recreate it from scratch if you wanted to alter any settings.
The UV‑5X3 allows common edits to the channels: Such as adding, changing, or removing the privacy tones (CTCSS & DCS); or changing the power level. You no longer have to delete and recreate the channel over simple channel modifications.
Scan a Frequency Range
Scanning in frequency mode, just became practical! Exclusively on the BTECH UV‑5X3: You are able to scan through a specific frequency range.
As a radio designed and focused for USA businesses and consumers; the DMR-6X2 uses imperial (versus metric) measurements while using the GPS display modes.
Scanning frequencies before the UV‑5X3 required the user to scan the full frequency band they were using. This was not practical if you only wanted to watch for activity on a particular section of the band (such as only 222-225MHz in the above pictured example).
The UV‑5X3 will scan at the frequency step you select in menu, which allows you to scan by increments from 2.5 to 50KHz. You can now scan through a fine tuned portion of the receiving band without having to wait and scan the whole band!
BTECH UV-5X3 Tri-bander (VHF/1.25M/UHF) Analog Portable Radio
What's New and Different?
- Tri-band Frequency Range
- Display Sync
- DTMF Remote Decode (Receive Remote Commands)
- Incoming ANI Display
- Remote: Stun, Kill, Revive, Inspect, and Monitoring
- On-the-Go Selectable Frequency Range Scanning
- Remove and Add Channels from Scanning Right in Menu
- Full Backward Accessory Compatibility with ALL UV-5R and BF-F8HP accessories
We are proud to be here in the USA
The DMR-6X2 went through extensive development, for over 2 years, before its public debut. As the first BTECH DMR radio, we took pride in testing and refining the user experience, all while developing features to accommodate all users to the best DMR experience possible. It was not worth rushing a radio if it couldn't be our best!
Even now development hasn't stopped; the DMR-6X2 is firmware upgradeable - and we would love to take your feedback to include into future firmware updates!
- The First Affordable VHF, 1.25M, UHF Tri-Band Handheld Transceiver
- A PC03 Cable is Recommended for Easy PC Programming (CHIRP Supported)
- Backward Compatible with UV-5R and BF-F8HP Accessories
New Features and Menus
- Simultaneous Display: For those that want to have the most information at their fingertips - you can 'Sync' the dual displays to show both the name and frequency. This allows the displays to be synched to the same channel while browsing your channel memories.
- Channel Skip: Easily add or remove a channel from the scanning list.
- Frequency Scanning: When scanning in the Frequency (VFO) Mode, you can easily enter in the range and frequency steps that you want to scan without scanning the full frequency band.
- ANI Updates: Along with being able to previously send ANI (Identification); You can now enable "Decoding" the ANI right on the display.
- Remote Commands: The UV-5X3 can respond to remote commands. By remotely sending DTMF tones you can both 'Stun' (Transmit Disable) or 'Kill' (Disables all functions) the radio. You also can 'Revive' a radio from its "stun" or "kill" state. You can also remotely turn on the microphone 'Monitor' or ensure the radio is within range 'Inspect' (replies with a confirmation tone within range).
In the Box:
- UV-5X3 Radio
- 1500mAh Battery
- V-85 Dual Band Antenna
- 220MHz Single Band Antenna
- CH-5 Charger
- CH-5 110V Adapter
- Earpiece Kit
- Wrist Strap
- Belt Clip
- User Manual
- Memory channels: 128 Channels
- Selective Calling Methods Supported: CTCSS, DCS, Tone Burst, DTMFs
- Scanning Modes: Channel, Frequency, and Tone
- Frequency step (kHz): 2.5K/5.0K/6.25K/10.0K/12.5K/20.0K/25.0K/50.0K
- Power Output: High: 5W (VHF) / 4W (1.25M/UHF) - Low Power: 1W