New Release – BTECH GMRS-V2btech.radios
Wednesday, May 11, 2022
In 2017 BTECH revolutionized the GMRS world, offering the first advanced programmable GMRS radio, our GMRS-V1. The GMRS-V1 was one of the very first radios to update to the 2017 FCC standards allowing all 30 FRS/GMRS channels on a single GMRS radio – but the GMRS-V1 also added features never seen before in a GMRS radio including on-the-fly commercial programming, and the introduction of a VHF/UHF scanner channels combined into a GMRS radio.
Due to our innovation, these features are now common place in many GMRS radios. That is why today, we are excited to make another huge leap forward for GMRS enthusiasts with our GMRS-V2! The GMRS-V2 has received a major chipset revision from our previous groundbreaking GMRS-V1.
Highlights of the Upgrades to the GMRS-V2:
- New in-house custom chipset and firmware
- 200 fully customizable channels:
- Quickly add GMRS or NOAA channels from an on-menu quick programming selection
- Fully customize and arrange your channel list
- Sort and add GMRS channels to any location; remove any unused pre-programmed channels
- 5W full power output GMRS radio
- New IP54 weather resistant upgrades
The GMRS-V2 also includes all of your favorite features from the GMRS-V1 including:
- On-the-fly channel edits (tones, bandwidth, power)
- Single or dual PTT programmable side-keys
- Quickly remove nuisance channels from the scanning list
- Master programming and deployment lockout to prevent programming tampering
- Backward compatible with all GMRS-V1 and UV-82 accessories
- Versatile Kenwood K1 accessory jack
Fully Customizable Channel Bank:
The GMRS-V2 has 200 completely programmable channels that you can arrange, modify, and use as: GMRS, NOAA, or Scanner channels. You can quickly add or remove multiple GMRS channels to any location, using our quick and easy on-board menus
5W Maximum Power & Changeable Antenna:
The GMRS-V2 has the maximum allowed power output of 5W. The GMRS-V2 uses a standard SMA female antenna, allowing for use with vehicle antennas such as the Nagoya UT-72G for GMRS use.
Dual Watch and Dual PTT:
The GMRS-V2 has one built-in receiver that can simultaneously monitor two channels (semi duplex). The radio chassis has two push-to-talk buttons, the upper PTT transmits on the upper display; while the lower PTT transmits to the lower display.
Want to keep it simple? The GMRS-V2 also offers synced display and single PTT modes to simply monitor a single channel as well.
Each purchase includes the: GMRS-V2 Radio, 1800mAh Li-ion Battery, GMRS Antenna, Dual PTT Earpiece, CH-8 Desk Charger, Charger Adaptor, Belt Clip, Wrist Strap, and User Manual
Available for Immediate Purchase:
Find the BTECH GMRS-V2 radios available for purchase from our store direct and on .
BTECH is headquartered in Arlington, SD with distributors and partners around the globe. For more information see .
Need help with your new BTECH GMRS-V2? BTECH is proudly located in the USA, provides local support for any issue that may arise, and offers real USA warranties on all products. If you ever have an issue, our team will be prompt, knowledgeable, and supportive to ensure your radio operates exactly as it should.
Do you have feedback on this article? We are always open to feedback from our loyal customers. If you have a suggestion or comment, please send it to us at: .