Mastering the Digital Simplex Repeater Function on Your DMR-6X2BTECH Radios
For those of us who have a DMR-6X2 digital radio, the powerful feature of a Digital Simplex Repeater is a key advantage. If you are yet to explore this function or are uncertain how to use it, let’s break it down and make the most of your DMR-6X2.
What is a Digital Simplex Repeater?
The Digital Simplex Repeater feature allows the DMR-6X2 to function as a Store and Forward Simplex Repeater. In layman’s terms, the radio records a transmission, stores it in memory, and then retransmits the recorded audio on the same frequency as soon as the incoming signal drops.
Getting Set Up: A Step-by-Step Guide
Setting up the Digital Simplex Repeater function might seem complex, but it’s quite straightforward once you understand the process. Here’s a step-by-step guide to get you going:
1. Configure Auto Repeater Settings
First, go to ‘Optional Settings > Auto Repeater’ on your device:
- Set ‘Simplex Repeater’ to ON. This activates the repeater function.
- Set ‘Simplex Relay Slot’ to CH Slot. This configures the channel for simplex repeater.
- Choose whether ‘Spkr During RX of Repeater’ should be ON or OFF. If you’d prefer a quieter operation, setting this to OFF will mute the radio’s speaker.
2. Activate Recording
Next, navigate to ‘Optional Settings > Record’:
- Set ‘Assign Record Function’ to ON. This enables your radio to record the incoming transmission for retransmission.
3. Assign Key Function
Now, go to ‘Optional Settings > Key Function’:
- Here, assign a programmable key to the “Simplex Repeater”. This key will act as a switch for your Repeat mode, toggling it ON or OFF as needed.
4. Program a Digital Simplex Channel
Finally, you need to program a channel to function as a Digital Simplex channel:
- Set the Frequency TG to 99, CC to 1, and TS to 1.
- Make sure to keep both ‘Simplex TDMA’ and ‘TDMA Adaptive’ turned OFF. These settings are not needed for the Digital Simplex Repeater function.
Once you’ve followed these steps, you’re ready to go! When the Digital Simplex function is activated, you’ll notice a light blue icon appearing in the upper bar of your LCD display.
The Digital Simplex Repeater function is a powerful tool that can significantly improve the versatility and functionality of your DMR-6X2 radio. By understanding and effectively utilizing this feature, you can ensure that you’re making the most of your equipment. Happy transmitting and receiving!
Will there be any more firmware updates to the 6X2?